Muslim Converts

Share your personal journey of faith, skepticism, or atheism, why you believe in God or trust in science instead. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
margin overa

Re: Muslim Converts

Post by margin overa »

B.H. wrote:Most of the divisions in Islam are political.
I think it's pretty safe to say that most religious divisions are "political", no matter which religion we're speaking of - political in that they are usually about power plays and the right to be the person or group directing others in the way they think they should go.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

BH can you tell us about the Ismaili Muslims? How are their beliefs similar or different from yours?
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:BH can you tell us about the Ismaili Muslims? How are their beliefs similar or different from yours?

I really do not know much about them to be honest, just that they are one of the Shia. Here is a link to wikipedia containing an article about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isma%27ilism

There is a web discussion board called ShiaChat you could register on and ask questions if you like.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:
Ivy wrote:BH can you tell us about the Ismaili Muslims? How are their beliefs similar or different from yours?

I really do not know much about them to be honest, just that they are one of the Shia. Here is a link to wikipedia containing an article about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isma%27ilism

There is a web discussion board called ShiaChat you could register on and ask questions if you like.
Thanks BH.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~