Hi - still a little conflicted.

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
mattpharmd

Hi - still a little conflicted.

Post by mattpharmd »

Hi, my name is Matt. And I am still conflicted about church and this place both.

I have been a part of churches that qualify as "hardline fire-and brimstone" and churches that are far from that. Currently attending a church with "Church of Christ" on the sign, but looks so much different than others I have been a part of.

I have been reading this board for a while, and it is just difficult for me. Some of the things discussed don't apply to my current church, but I also still believe some of the others.

Thought I might decide to post and ask that you be patient with me.
zeek

Re: Hi - still a little conflicted.

Post by zeek »

Last edited by zeek on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattpharmd

Post by mattpharmd »

Thanks for the welcome. Actually I kind of feel the same way about broccoli. A good broccoli cheese soup is awesome as is fresh raw florets with ranch, but some of this steamed stuff seems like an active attempt to ruin it. ;)
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome, Matt. Take your time!!

Glad you found us.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
lvmaus

Post by lvmaus »

mattpharmd wrote:Hi, my name is Matt. And I am still conflicted about church and this place both.
Welcome to the forum ... a good place to be conflicted! :)
Matpharmd wrote:Thought I might decide to post and ask that you be patient with me.
You will find patient and impatient people here, just like anywhere else, but I think it's worth your time to read the posts, ask questions, and decide for yourself what's important.
Unity in diversity
bnot

Post by bnot »

Welcome!
AtPeace

Post by AtPeace »

Hi Matt,

I have a friend who has discovered a Church of Christ that suits her perfectly. She is a broad-minded, deep-thinking searcher. As with any church, there are things she agrees with and things she doesn't. But overall it's a good fit for her both practically and theologically.

I just wanted to let you know that there ARE members of this board who are either in a Church of Christ of some sort, or who would feel perfectly comfortable in a particular Church of Christ.

I am glad you have found a church that suits you! And I'm glad you're here. If anyone tries to "convert" you, tell 'em to bug off! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Raised CoC.
Switched to Christian Church/Disciples of Christ.
Love their liberal theology, but not the social liberalism.
Rare-attender, just because life gets in the way.