Reporting

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
pinkdresscannabis

Reporting

Post by pinkdresscannabis »

Hey, dudes. I'm a recent out-er from Texas, just been kicked out of my parent's house because of it. Haven't really been going to church at all since the last semester of my lone year at Texas State. Off and on a bit since then, starting out by trying to attend church at some of the local congregations so that my parents would keep being friendly to me and let me stay with them at the house, mostly shuffling into the church in the very moments before the first prayer,then trying to skip church alotgether and go to a park and not mention it to my family. But they kept asking me about where I was going, and they know people at some of the local congregations and are psychotic enough to ask them if they attended their church one day. Now I told them I won't attend their church just so I can live in the house, and am currently homeless, living with friends.
I have only one friend that has also left the church of christ, and I'm wanting to connect with some people who have had some similar experiences as me. On a more personal note, I've recently found a serious interest in fiction.

Thanks dudes, for the setup here, and the discussion.
GMan

Re: Reporting

Post by GMan »

Glad to have you with us.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
KLP

Post by KLP »

bummer dude. I'm sure things will get better real soon.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
illuminator

Post by illuminator »

Welcome! You've found a safe haven and support here!
bnot

Post by bnot »

Welcome to the forum!
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Glad to have you. Kicking your kid out of the house because they left the Church! Not a good parenting technique, and not a likely way to make them do what the parent wants!
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages