Back again

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
GMan

Re: Back again

Post by GMan »

mistertroll wrote:From the age of 15 on, I always endeavored to be one of the "men in the back".

A place of honor for sure.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
mistertroll

Post by mistertroll »

I think my folks referred to it as "skipping church". At the congregation I attended, the fellas in the lobby were some of the more interesting characters.

Is it considered poor form to mention specific congregations here? My congregation history would tell a lot about my points of reference, but I don't want to ruffle any feathers (at least, not yet).
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch, and nobody gets hurt.
agricola

Post by agricola »

It's pretty much up to the individual poster. Some people prefer not to mention specific congregations/people, because they seriously do not want to 'out' themselves publicly (well, sort of public). If you don't care who reads it, you can post specific information. Being aware, of course, that the coc world is relatively small, and you should probably try to avoid being TOO obnoxious about specific people - your next reader might actually like their Uncle Henry, or something.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
mistertroll

Post by mistertroll »

I'm not likely to cast anyone else in an unfavorable light.

I got here by Googling a specific individual, whose name led me to this group, so I assume he is among the shadow people here. I haven't been able to find a link to a member or Admin list, and folks' screen names and avatars are not linked to their profiles, as far as I can tell, so I'm just kinda feeling my way around. I've apparently already managed to raise one person's ire.

I imagine there are several people here who have been a part of my past. I would enjoy reconnecting and hearing something of their experiences over the 40 years I have managed to pretty much stay away from "The Church".
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch, and nobody gets hurt.
illuminator

Post by illuminator »

Welcome back.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

klp wrote:
Campbell Light wrote:Thanks, I corrected it to the order that is well pleasing.

I just wanted to get my 3 posts in to access the PM function. Carry on.
So you were just doing the acts/steps to get your ticket punched....yeah, no...I don't think anyone here understands that concept. Ya know if the ex-cofc-site is not giving you what you need then you need to look at yourself and find out what is wrong with you and what you can give more. The more you give the more you find how wonderful it is to be here. Ya know we are not here to be served and entertained but to fulfill the great commands and to enjoy a daily feast. If you need more edification please fill out the visitor card on the back of the pew in front of you and either drop it in the collection plate or hand it to one of the men at the back.

Whatever you do do not make me stumble. I am the professional weaker brother round here.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

As I grew older, I was one of those "in the back". You could be well entertained and edified
just resting on the backmost pews.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
illuminator

Post by illuminator »

Everyone on the back row is on Facebook!

What I liked about the back row was our congregation was so big they would also serve communion from the back. So you had communion on display up front, but the communion in the back was still in the fridge and the grape juice was still cold. It was that little burst before the lesson to get you through it.

And why was it called a lesson and not a sermon?
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

illuminator wrote:Everyone on the back row is on Facebook!

What I liked about the back row was our congregation was so big they would also serve communion from the back. So you had communion on display up front, but the communion in the back was still in the fridge and the grape juice was still cold. It was that little burst before the lesson to get you through it.
Cheap thrills, illuminator. We were desperate for them.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

And of course, welcome back, Campbell Light!!!