Had to create new account to get in. What's going on?

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
bookworm

Had to create new account to get in. What's going on?

Post by bookworm »

Bookworm here. I haven't been on in a long time and had to create a new account to get in. Has this happened to anyone else? This site didn't recognize "bookworm" at all, and I joined in 2009, I think. Is there any way to get my old account back?
agricola

Re: Had to create new account to get in. What's going on?

Post by agricola »

The old board crashed and this is a new incarnation. Everybody had to re-enlist and everybody lost all the earlier posts (sadly, because some of them were really great).
We are rebuilding. Glad you are back!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
bookworm

Post by bookworm »

Oh. Ok. Yes, that's sad. When I first joined, I spent two weeks reading old posts. When did it crash? I noticed before I created a new account tonight, that I couldn't read any comments. Is that something new? Being able to read before joining the first time was really helpful.

And thanks! Good to be back. :)
Ramblin' Jack

Post by Ramblin' Jack »

Last edited by Ramblin' Jack on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GMan

Post by GMan »

Welcome back
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
agricola

Post by agricola »

bookworm wrote:Oh. Ok. Yes, that's sad. When I first joined, I spent two weeks reading old posts. When did it crash? I noticed before I created a new account tonight, that I couldn't read any comments. Is that something new? Being able to read before joining the first time was really helpful.

And thanks! Good to be back. :)
I have no idea. But you are right - at least SOME posts should be readable before registering (my opinion).
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

The first two forums can be read by anyone, whether they are registered or not. We ask CoC people not to read the board, but some do. This way they have to register to do read most of the forums and are more aware at least that they are violating the boundaries we set.
Hildegard

Post by Hildegard »

Hello bookworm!