Hello again.

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
ramennoodles

Hello again.

Post by ramennoodles »

I wasn't really much of an active poster on the old board, and wasn't even aware that there was a new board to begin with.

Not really much I can say here except that I'm still in the same boat as before--stuck going to my parents' CoC. At the very least they're lenient about my attendance but it's still a pain.

I don't think anybody here remembers the topic I made here but I found myself wrapped up yet another cult-like place that while had no god to worship, but had the same sort of mentality that the CoC had and after yet ANOTHER incident in which I nearly lost one of the closest friends I've ever made I never realized just how bad that place affected me. The phrase "you don't really appreciate what you have until you lose it" has never been so relevant to me than it has lately.

I thought that running away from it all I would be safe but it's clear that that wasn't it.

So hello again.
agricola

Re: Hello again.

Post by agricola »

Hello then - and there's a reason that people who leave a violent relationship tend to enter into new ones that are substantially similar to the old ones: when it is all you KNOW, then it is hard to see how wrong it is at the very BASE, instead the superficialities at the surface obscure the similarities beneath.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
bnot

Post by bnot »

Welcome. I've noticed from reading about various cults, they have a lot of similarities when it comes to their doctrine and the harm they cause.
GMan

Post by GMan »

Welcome back.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
illuminator

Post by illuminator »

Welcome!