Hi there

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
flawed

Hi there

Post by flawed »

I've been lurking on here for a while now and thought it was time for me to say hello to everyone. My family roots run very deep in the coc so unfortunately I do not see a way out, although mentally I left a long time ago. This board has helped me tremendously and it's been so comforting realizing there are people like me out there. I'm in a very conflicted time in my life right now, and I'm just so grateful this place exists.
agricola

Re: Hi there

Post by agricola »

Hey there, and you are certainly not alone - probably not even 'at church': if you are in the closet, you probably have several others in there too - each thinking they are alone in there.

Welcome to the ex board, and enjoy your visits.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

I am sorry you feel trapped. I know the feeling! I never thought the day would come when I would be able to leave, but amazingly, it did and everything worked out.
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

Welcome aboard! I continued attending for a long time after I stopped believing, myself.
coffeegrammy

Post by coffeegrammy »

Welcome. I'm like you...been lurking and just recently joined. I am certain that you are not alone. Who knows..maybe even an elder or the preacher in the congregation are afraid to "come out." Here is a link to a site by a former coc preacher. He gives a lot of insight into the pressure "the brotherhood" can put on individuals.

http://www.kevinpendergrass.com/
bnot

Post by bnot »

Welcome to the forum. I felt trapped too, but I quietly slipped away. I now attend a non coc and I have grown more in two years than my time with the coc. It's not easy getting out, but I hope you can find a way. :D