Where I'm at right now

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
illuminator

Where I'm at right now

Post by illuminator »

Thought I'd share where I'm at right in my worship since leaving the coc. I visited other churches. Some I liked, some i didn't. I started worshiping at home. Just quiet time with the Lord. Some music. Yes, contemporary Christian music! Gasp! My worn Bible. A book of prayers for different occasions. And a devotional. It's really nice. I also participate in a Bible study/worship service with members in my apartment building. It feels very good. I want to believe this is more like 1st century worship than those five acts. Also my group does things like a book club, visitation, help others as we can etc. No collection plates, just giving of ourselves. Someone we know needs groceries, we pitch in. No pressures, no rules, just giving. And I don't do this at a set time once a week. Each morning is set aside for God. I feel more at peace, in tune with Him than i that cold heartless building.

Just wanted to share this.
AtPeace

Re: Where I'm at right now

Post by AtPeace »

That sounds lovely, loving and peaceful. What more could a person need? So happy for you.
Raised CoC.
Switched to Christian Church/Disciples of Christ.
Love their liberal theology, but not the social liberalism.
Rare-attender, just because life gets in the way.
zeek

Post by zeek »

Last edited by zeek on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I am glad you finally got away from that stupid ass church of christ you were going to.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
illuminator

Post by illuminator »

B.H. wrote:I am glad you finally got away from that stupid ass church of christ you were going to.
So am I. So am I.
GMan

Post by GMan »

Nice.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
bnot

Post by bnot »

illuminator wrote:Thought I'd share where I'm at right in my worship since leaving the coc. I visited other churches. Some I liked, some i didn't. I started worshiping at home. Just quiet time with the Lord. Some music. Yes, contemporary Christian music! Gasp! My worn Bible. A book of prayers for different occasions. And a devotional. It's really nice. I also participate in a Bible study/worship service with members in my apartment building. It feels very good. I want to believe this is more like 1st century worship than those five acts. Also my group does things like a book club, visitation, help others as we can etc. No collection plates, just giving of ourselves. Someone we know needs groceries, we pitch in. No pressures, no rules, just giving. And I don't do this at a set time once a week. Each morning is set aside for God. I feel more at peace, in tune with Him than i that cold heartless building.

Just wanted to share this.
This sounds very refreshing, glad you shared this.
BlessedWifeAndMama

Post by BlessedWifeAndMama »

Agree with the comment about "sounds refreshing"! A brother and I have been studying 'worship' in both the OT and NT- and you hit on something we have been discussing as it appears worship was a personal thing - not a "group" "assembly" "corporate" thing... Wonderful to hear of others seeking to find the peace that comes when we love one another and seek our Creator during our day to day lives, not just an hour or two a week.

~BlessedWifeAndMama
~BlessedWifeAndMama