COC Propaganda

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
GMan

Re: COC Propaganda

Post by GMan »

Struggler wrote:When one of my neighbors was terminally ill, his brother was mean and useless and only after his money and stuff. So we friends became his family and made sure he had what he needed and wanted, including his final wish to die at home.

He was a good Christian who lived it. When one of my C of C co-workers found out I was helping, he asked if I had discussed spiritual matters with my neighbor. When I said I had, he asked what church my neighbor attended. When I said Methodist, my co-worker said "they don't care about salvation" and told me I needed to get someone from "the church" over there as soon as possible. Of course, I did not do that. And a C of C minister friend told me my co-worker was out of line to suggest such.
That is such arrogant thinking. Yes completely out of line.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
ena

Re: COC Propaganda

Post by ena »

Moogy wrote:In my job as a medical social worker, I help people with theiradvance directives. There is a section for extra instructions. I never knew what someone might list there.
Really important! It is not pleasant watching someone die. I have. Sometimes people are so miserable that they are ready to die. I've seen it. Make sure you have you wishes well explained to a responsible person like your adult children. Beware of caretaker burnout. It happens commonly. The lack of an advance directive may mean you end your days in misery.