Church Humor / Pranks

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Texas Longhorn

Church Humor / Pranks

Post by Texas Longhorn »

While growing up in the coC, my little brother and I used to do things during church to entertain ourselves. For instance, the small non-institutional congregation in Texas we attended had a visitor sign-in book in the foyer. The man reading the announcements would welcome each visitor at that service by name, and state where they were visiting from, usually from some other Texas congregation. While no one was looking, we would put fake names on the sign-in sheet to see if they would be welcomed. We would usually write in celebrity names that most church members wouldn't easily recognize (and no silly names like "Ben Dover" or "Seymour Butts" which would be too obvious). One Sunday morning we wrote in the name "Geddy Lee" of the rock band Rush. Sure enough, when it came time for announcements, the man reading them welcomed "Brother Geddy Lee all the way from Canada!" to the services. My little brother and I started laughing so hard our parents knew something was fishy. Soon after that the policy of welcoming visitors by name went by the wayside. I wonder why.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did anyone else do things like that, or was I the only bad seed?
Guide, guard and direct us, and bring us back at the next appointed time.
Ivy

Re: Church Humor / Pranks

Post by Ivy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Y'all were so bad!!! Love it.

At one non-institutional c/c I attended, a couple of my friends would do tiny little
dance moves to Stamps-Baxter songs that had a beat. Just enough so as to not get
caught. I guess you had to be there, but it was hilarious at the time. :D
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

My buddy and I would leaf through the song book and mentally add the words "...in my bathtub" to each song title. It makes the Sacred Selections surprisingly dirty and funny.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

GuitarHero wrote:My buddy and I would leaf through the song book and mentally add the words "...in my bathtub" to each song title. It makes the Sacred Selections surprisingly dirty and funny.
:lol: That sounds similar to the fortune cookie game.

"You will travel to many exotic places, in your bathtub."

'You have the ability to sense and know higher truth, in your bathtub."
Real blessings come from people.
Texas Longhorn

Post by Texas Longhorn »

Ashes wrote:
GuitarHero wrote:My buddy and I would leaf through the song book and mentally add the words "...in my bathtub" to each song title. It makes the Sacred Selections surprisingly dirty and funny.
:lol: That sounds similar to the fortune cookie game.

"You will travel to many exotic places, in your bathtub."

'You have the ability to sense and know higher truth, in your bathtub."
We always use "in bed" when playing the fortune cookie game...
Guide, guard and direct us, and bring us back at the next appointed time.