Kooky Communion & Collection Stories

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
KLP

Re: Kooky Communion & Collection Stories

Post by KLP »

When Timothy was having stomach problems Paul should have told him to just ramp up his faith rather to switch beverages.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

I remember one congregation where there was a long, drawn-out debate over what "longer water" was.

Because, you know, Paul told Timothy "drink no longer water," and damn it, if you drink longer water, you will go to hell.

You can't make shit like this up.
margin overa

Post by margin overa »

GuitarHero wrote:I remember one congregation where there was a long, drawn-out debate over what "longer water" was.

Because, you know, Paul told Timothy "drink no longer water," and damn it, if you drink longer water, you will go to hell.

You can't make shit like this up.
I read "Fried Green Tomatoes" years ago, and burst out laughing at Flagg's description of the Sunday School arguing about "the quick and the dead" because I had sat through a CofC class that did the same thing.

Moving the topic over to sex, I also remember doing a bad job of stifling my giggles when an older man was leading a class and talking about Isaac "sporting" with Rebecca, and how they were just "wrasslin' around like folks do." :lol: