Congratulate me!

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
B.H.

Congratulate me!

Post by B.H. »

I haven't darkened a Church of Christ in about 15 years now, except perhaps a funeral or when visiting a relative. I was over at my mom's house and looked at her new church directory. They finally did not list me as a member any more! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Moogy

Re: Congratulate me!

Post by Moogy »

Congrats! :mrgreen:
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Congrats, BH. That is a huge milestone.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
GMan

Post by GMan »

That is big news.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
ena

Post by ena »

A life lived fear
Is a life not lived

Congrats!!! I have had to return to the CoC for memorial services too. My immediate
family are now dead. Father, Mother and Sister. None were unexpected. My father and mother are stacked in a vault. I did ask if she wanted to buried face down so she could face father. She laughed and said no. Both she and her mother made 91. My wife's dad made 94 dying just short of his 95 birthday. I thought the tough old bird would break 100. It turns out he died from heart trouble he got in the flu epidemic of 1918. He did lose two sisters then. If it had not been for that he probably would have made it.
zeek

Post by zeek »

Last edited by zeek on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

I aspire to this. I've been out nearly 6 years, and haven't darkened a door in nearly 2. So I'm getting there!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

zeek wrote:Congrats! they have finally given you up as hopelessly damned for eternity. ;)
The elders somehow finally found out you are now a Muslim. So definitely what Zeke said.

I no longer have anyone who gives a rat's rear whether or not I warm a cofc pew.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Ivy wrote: I no longer have anyone who gives a rat's rear whether or not I warm a cofc pew.
Actually, I care, Ivy. I would be traumatized if I heard you had returned to the One True Church! ;)
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:
zeek wrote:Congrats! they have finally given you up as hopelessly damned for eternity. ;)
The elders somehow finally found out you are now a Muslim. So definitely what Zeke said.

I no longer have anyone who gives a rat's rear whether or not I warm a cofc pew.

:shock: Ivyrose said "rat's rear"! :shock:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx