Pick up a rock and convert them!

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
JKendallDane

Pick up a rock and convert them!

Post by JKendallDane »

No use in trying though. God wants them stoned. Or so says this Tennessee COC minister. This guy is as whacked as Pat Robertson.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2015/08/cons ... et-of-god/

Here is the link to their website: http://www.thegospelofchrist.com/index.html
God gave us dogs so we would understand love, and then gave us cats so we could comprehend serving others.
Struggler

Re: Pick up a rock and convert them!

Post by Struggler »

Not surprised that there is a C of C minister who would say this. I am somewhat surprised that it would be a minister at this particular church. I always knew it to be moderately conservative instead of really out on the fringe.
NeverAgain

Post by NeverAgain »

Struggler, this notion that there are "moderate" or "liberal" (It all depends on where one is standing when these terms are used) Church of Christ congregations is all a lie and a façade. The very most "liberal" Church of Christ on earth is still a bastion of intolerance, ignorance, judgmentalism, bigotry, and bible-worship. It is still a group that thinks everyone else on earth s going to hell because the "rule book" is not being adhered to. Oh, sure, they will speak in a soft voice and they might not even say things out loud like the bible-thumping ignoramuses as the hard core little "anti" churches, but they believe the same stupid shit. Those "on the fringe," as you call it, are just tactless loudmouths and bullies, but they speak for the entire Church of Christ denomination. Don't be fooled.
Struggler

Post by Struggler »

Some of the more "liberal" churches have a don't ask, don't tell policy on divorce, homosexuality, abortion and more. Especially if they have connections to some of the C of C-affiliated universities. I know of several in my area.
Yes, many are still pretty conservative, but not all.
I looked at this minister's bio and he's a preaching school graduate. That surprises me, as this congregation has long had a reputation as being right in the mainstream. Most of its previous ministers had at least a four-year degree from a C of C school and I know of at least two or three who had graduate degrees from C of C or non-C of C schools.
There are many congregations for which this sort of thing would not surprise me. I was a little surprised at this one.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I wonder how wide a church of christ preacher's [derogatory term] can stretch to acomadate something an inch wide and 10 inches long and full of blood. Sure, getting shit on it is offensive but them again you get shit in your ears from listening to them talk.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx