The Blame Game

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
illuminator

The Blame Game

Post by illuminator »

Sister Elder mailed me a card and current copy of Gospel Advocate in hopes I'll come back. The current issue featured 10 threats facing the church of Christ. Yes, I can see Islam as a threat, but as a threat in general and not singling out the coc, though. However, it's the blame game and always outside threats. It's never from within. The coc is so perfect, so arrogant, they don't see themselves running off their own.
B.H.

Re: The Blame Game

Post by B.H. »

Of course Islam is a threat to the Church of Christ. Islam has the real truth while the Church of Christ has only error. I suspect most Church of Christ preachers know Islam is the truth but do not become Muslim for fear of what men may think and their paychecks. There is nothing worse for a Church of Christ preacher than to have an imam come up and just ripped the Bible up with the Quran, explaining why the Bible is wrong and false about so many things. And the Church of Christ preacher just stands there quiet because he can't say anything.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
KLP

Post by KLP »

I would think the imam would have better success reaching these cofc preachers if they would just focus on the benefits of being a male in the Islam industry. Of course not having bacon is a big draw back but still the Koran puts that "keep silent thing" to shame.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

klp wrote:I would think the imam would have better success reaching these cofc preachers if they would just focus on the benefits of being a male in the Islam industry. Of course not having bacon is a big draw back but still the Koran puts that "keep silent thing" to shame.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Real blessings come from people.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

klp wrote:I would think the imam would have better success reaching these cofc preachers if they would just focus on the benefits of being a male in the Islam industry. Of course not having bacon is a big draw back but still the Koran puts that "keep silent thing" to shame.

You are right. As fat as your typical CoC preacher is cutting the bacon would be hard but they would benefit from the better health and loss of weight not eating bacon.

And the Holy Quran does not command women be silent in mosque. They can be legal experts and give lectures just like the men, so you are right, the Quran shames the false teaching women must be silent.

KLP, you impress me. Are you thinking of becoming Muslim?
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

The rare times I eat pork, it's by accident. I've had too many nightmares of seeing a pig slaughtered. There's just something about that squeal. :cry:
Real blessings come from people.
bnot

Post by bnot »

illuminator wrote:Sister Elder mailed me a card and current copy of Gospel Advocate in hopes I'll come back. The current issue featured 10 threats facing the church of Christ. Yes, I can see Islam as a threat, but as a threat in general and not singling out the coc, though. However, it's the blame game and always outside threats. It's never from within. The coc is so perfect, so arrogant, they don't see themselves running off their own.
**warning: these comments are not authorized!

Nothing like receiving some good ol coc propaganda through the mail to bring you back into the fold, decently and in order lol. It is funny how the coc rarely looks in the mirror but blames outside influences for their demise. Because they believe they have a monopoly on God, everyone else is wrong.
illuminator

Post by illuminator »

bnot wrote:
illuminator wrote:Nothing like receiving some good ol coc propaganda through the mail to bring you back into the fold, decently and in order lol. It is funny how the coc rarely looks in the mirror but blames outside influences for their demise. Because they believe they have a monopoly on God, everyone else is wrong.
Decently and in order seems to be the new catch phrase.

And you're right about the looking glass.