Capitalization

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Moogy

Capitalization

Post by Moogy »

Recently I've been using the dictation feature on my iPad. It's interesting to see that when I dictate "church of Christ" the "C" in "church" is not capitalized. When I dictate Methodist Church, Catholic Church, Disciples of Christ, Church of God, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or Presbyterian Church, the word "church" is capitalized.

Given the argument in the COC about whether "church" should be capitalized, I found this interesting. Do you think Apple Computers has an opinion on the support of orphan homes and church colleges? :mrgreen:
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Ivy

Re: Capitalization

Post by Ivy »

Moogy wrote: Do you think Apple Computers has an opinion on the support of orphan homes and church colleges? :mrgreen:
Sounds like they're with the program. :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Lev

Post by Lev »

I'd try different "Church of..." constructions. Maybe even make some up. It may be that the COC is so unheard of that Apple doesn't recognize it as the proper name of a denomination, which of course it is.

Lev
Opie

Post by Opie »

I've read some Catholic literature in which they refer to their church as the "church of Christ". That could possibly have something to do with it.
"If I had to define my own theme, it would be that of a person who absorbed some of the worst the church has to offer, yet still landed in the loving arms of God." (From the book 'Soul Survivor' by Philip Yancy)