Water into ... Kool-Aid?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
NeverAgain

Re: Water into ... Kool-Aid?

Post by NeverAgain »

Do you think they handed out that miraculous grape juice in little bitty cups at the wedding feast?
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

agricola wrote:Why would anybody even think it WASN'T wine?
Umm....social control spin?
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

That was one thing that bugged me from a very early age. The COC has some rather nutty perspectives / blinders when it comes to alcohol.
Lev

Post by Lev »

Tsathoggua wrote:That was one thing that bugged me from a very early age. The COC has some rather nutty perspectives / blinders when it comes to alcohol.
As far as I can tell, only the American COCs have this hang-up. I've been to COCs in Europe where we all went out for brats and beer or pasta and wine after services. For lunch, no less!

Lev
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

Remember that time when you were at that party and everyone had drank up all the grape juice and were bitching that it had run out? Remember how the host was desperate to run to Wal-Mart to pick up more Welch's, because the party was about to falter without it? And then remember how everybody had drunk so much grape juice and then when the new batch came out filled their kidneys to the limit with that one? And how they raved this was the best Minute Maid they had ever had?

Nope, I didn't think so.