Favorite CoC song

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Moogy

Re: Favorite CoC song

Post by Moogy »

Lev wrote:I'm not sure that any of these could be called "COC songs." Just saying.

Lev
If you are using Sacred Selections, the words have been changed to fit coC doctrine. :mrgreen: Even for Amazing Grace. ("The hour I first believed" was changed to "when I at first obeyed" if I recall correctly.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Blessed Assurance

Post by Blessed Assurance »

"Our God, He is Alive"!
Beautiful poetry, awesome harmonies… I'm surprised it never caught on in other denominations. There is nothing exclusively coC in the lyrics, but I have never seen it in any other churches' hymnals...?
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

They're all bloody awful.
cathym

Post by cathym »

Blessed Assurance wrote:"Our God, He is Alive"!
Beautiful poetry, awesome harmonies… I'm surprised it never caught on in other denominations. There is nothing exclusively coC in the lyrics, but I have never seen it in any other churches' hymnals...?
Except for the anti-science v. 3 -- "Secure is life from mortal mind / God holds the germ within His hand / Though men may search, they cannot find / For God alone does understand" -- particularly ironic, since it was written by a physicist.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

The wise man built his house upon the rock. :D
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx