Bible Studies All The Time

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
B.H.

Re: Bible Studies All The Time

Post by B.H. »

cathym wrote:The church that kicked my parents out [1] had a whole bunch of songs marked "do not use" in every songbook in the building. Mostly, it was the ones that don't actually mention Jesus / God, like Precious Memories, plus one other; I don't remember which.

[1] My parents are pretty conservative, especially my dad. The CoC in their town is more so, more even than the NI church I was attending when they moved there, though that might have changed since I left. Anyway, Dad expressed the belief that if someone was divorced and remarried before becoming a Christian, they did not have to end that second marriage to become a Christian. The preacher believed otherwise -- the the second marriage was by definition adulterous, and must be ended. Dad refused to recant, and so now they go to the CoC in the next larger city, which is 20 or 30 minutes away.

I bet they both refused to do what was right and oppose that idol the church water fountain!
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx