Blessed Are The Peacemakers

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Ivy

Re: Blessed Are The Peacemakers

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:
KLP wrote:Peace comes when everyone just follows the simple gospel and pattern of the NT. This is the message of Paul over and over and over. But these folks who think they know better, have some better/deeper understanding, that they have the "real" truth are always pushing stuff that just gets folks divided into factions. Paul was always having to deal with the trouble caused by those pushing circumcision or agnosticism or asceticism or something other ism. Paul was the peace maker because he said to follow him as he follows Jesus. Everybody on the same page leads to peace. It ain't rocket science.

But as soon as someone says well it doesn't say you can't have cheeseburgers and Coke on the Lord's table then it is a fight all over again. Seeking to be as much like God as possible instead of seeing how far the envelope can be stretched and how close to the line one can get and still be "saved".

One time I helped clean a church and we put our cheeseburgers and cokes on the Lord's Table because there wasn't any other place to put them. The drinks would tump over if we put them on the pews and I did not want to leave them on the floor in cas a bug or roach got one them.

I'll debate you anyday KLP you can put cheeseburgers and coke on the Lord's table. :P
BH, when you did that you violated the law of no food in the building. So....it matters not that it ended up on the communion table. It was inside the building, and you were performing a good work at the same time.

"thou gaggest at the gnat and swalloweth the camel".
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:
B.H. wrote:
KLP wrote:Peace comes when everyone just follows the simple gospel and pattern of the NT. This is the message of Paul over and over and over. But these folks who think they know better, have some better/deeper understanding, that they have the "real" truth are always pushing stuff that just gets folks divided into factions. Paul was always having to deal with the trouble caused by those pushing circumcision or agnosticism or asceticism or something other ism. Paul was the peace maker because he said to follow him as he follows Jesus. Everybody on the same page leads to peace. It ain't rocket science.

But as soon as someone says well it doesn't say you can't have cheeseburgers and Coke on the Lord's table then it is a fight all over again. Seeking to be as much like God as possible instead of seeing how far the envelope can be stretched and how close to the line one can get and still be "saved".

One time I helped clean a church and we put our cheeseburgers and cokes on the Lord's Table because there wasn't any other place to put them. The drinks would tump over if we put them on the pews and I did not want to leave them on the floor in cas a bug or roach got one them.

I'll debate you anyday KLP you can put cheeseburgers and coke on the Lord's table. :P
BH, when you did that you violated the law of no food in the building. So....it matters not that it ended up on the communion table. It was inside the building, and you were performing a good work at the same time.

"thou gaggest at the gnat and swalloweth the camel".

No food in the building! How is Jesus going to have his love feast every Sunday then with his grape juice and communion crackers?

And what about the water fountain? Even the cleanest water still has microbes in it. When you drink the water you are eating small bacteria thus feeding yourself to some degree. The law against food in the building contradicts itself. And technically we are all are eating when we breathe because we inhale bacteria and other microbes when we inhale and exhale. Some get stuck to the mouth and swallowed into the stomach. If you are in the building long enough you have to breath and therefore eat to some degree. Again, the law against eating in the building is contradictory. If I can eat bacteria through the water fountain drinking and through breathing in the building why is it wrong to eat a piece of candy or a cheeseburger? Hmmm.

If you non-institutional liberal brethren had been taught the Bible way, with one assembly and not divided in to classes you too would have been able to spot the errors in the no food in the building doctrine. But Noooooooo.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

KLP wrote:
B.H. wrote:One time I helped clean a church and we put our cheeseburgers and cokes on the Lord's Table because there wasn't any other place to put them. The drinks would tump over if we put them on the pews and I did not want to leave them on the floor in cas a bug or roach got one them.

I was going to make an comment about the cheesemakers ala Emily Litella until I saw you used "tump" and it made you seem more real to me.

BH, I lurv you almost as much as I lurv Ivy

That's all well and fine. I lurv you too.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
KLP

Post by KLP »

B.H. wrote:If you non-institutional liberal brethren had been taught the Bible way, with one assembly and not divided in to classes you too would have been able to spot the errors in the no food in the building doctrine. But Noooooooo.
Sorry but you blind-guides one-cuppers types totally ignored the upper room pattern so we decided not to fall in to the ditch with you.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

KLP wrote:
B.H. wrote:If you non-institutional liberal brethren had been taught the Bible way, with one assembly and not divided in to classes you too would have been able to spot the errors in the no food in the building doctrine. But Noooooooo.
Sorry but you blind-guides one-cuppers types totally ignored the upper room pattern so we decided not to fall in to the ditch with you.
And another thing. When did it become ok for people with babies to bring in Teddy Grahams in a plastic bag? :evil: What's up with that? Expediency?
Necessary inference?
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

KLP wrote:

Ha! Storm shelter saves the day! :lol: Your error is refutabated. :P
KLP

Post by KLP »

Ivy wrote:
KLP wrote:
And another thing. When did it become ok for people with babies to bring in Teddy Grahams in a plastic bag? :evil: What's up with that? Expediency?
Necessary inference?
Breastfeeding?
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
katisha

Post by katisha »

[quote="Ivy]
Necessary inference?[/quote]

When you have a screaming toddler sitting on your lap and everyone around you is looking at you and giving you the evil eye, and there is no cry room to take the child to, Teddy Grahams or Cheerios are practically a commandment! :roll:
Think for yourselves, and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."-- Voltaire, philosopher and historian
gordie91

Post by gordie91 »

katisha wrote:[quote="Ivy]
Necessary inference?
When you have a screaming toddler sitting on your lap and everyone around you is looking at you and giving you the evil eye, and there is no cry room to take the child to, Teddy Grahams or Cheerios are practically a commandment! :roll:[/quote][/quote]

Agreed, if you are a conformist. Me and my wife just stopped going to all the services or took turns when our youngest was little. He was something else and not at all like our two oldest kids. We did not want to loose our sanity. We finally did, but got it back when we left for good. Of course we were not "committed" was the answer from the preacher in a letter to us and one to all the other churches. But of course we tried all kinds of goodies while we were there :lol:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I've been told in parental stories that I was taken out and spanked when I misbehaved in church. I can't say how young I was when they started that, or
when they stopped doing it...but must have been a young toddler. In one story I said to my Dad as he was taking me out "I'll be good, Daddy", so I had
started talking by then. I don't remember it, other than from the family lore. Now y'all know why I am the way I am. :lol: