Tattle Tales

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Struggler

Re: Tattle Tales

Post by Struggler »

From what he has told me, this person is one of those who thinks she is superior to the people who work there.
Struggler

Post by Struggler »

Something I told him: people who tattle will lie if they don't have anything to make up.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Struggler wrote:
Ivy wrote:
Struggler wrote:I told him that once he is safely outta there, he should let her church know because she will probably tattle on or threaten other staff at the workplace. Not sure if he will heed any of my advice, but I know he is talking to several people he trusts.
Workplace bullying.
His problem is that the tattler is a donor. They seem to defer to donors on almost everything.

Didn't somebody in the Bible tell a sorcerer trying to buy the Holy Spirit gift power that he and his money could perish?
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Struggler

Post by Struggler »

Update: my friend finally spoke up about the reaction to this situation. Said the person who tattled wasn't exactly telling the truth and shouldn't have been a tattle-tale. His manager dialed it back a bit, and everything seems to be normal for now.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Struggler wrote:From what he has told me, this person is one of those who thinks she is superior to the people who work there.

Well I'll have her know I'm actually better than she is. :D
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
TheSpoon

Post by TheSpoon »

Ivy wrote:So wrong. People with money control pretty much everything everywhere.
At the church I use to attend only the ladies whose husbands gave a lot in the collection plate were allowed to wear pants - even on Sundays. All other ladies and girls had to wear skirts/dresses both Sunday's and Wednesday nights.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

TheSpoon wrote:
Ivy wrote:So wrong. People with money control pretty much everything everywhere.
At the church I use to attend only the ladies whose husbands gave a lot in the collection plate were allowed to wear pants - even on Sundays. All other ladies and girls had to wear skirts/dresses both Sunday's and Wednesday nights.
There you go!!! See, I told y'all!!! Hi TheSpoon. :D
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
ena

Post by ena »

There are those in the CoC that think They have been perfected because they toe the party line. Many don't but remain quiet. There are many secrets in the CoC, The main one is that many of the gossips are liars as well but get away with it because they are related to power and possibly money. I have seen it first hand. I could not ever attend a CoC any more because of hearing out right lies from the pulpit. For example trashing denominations that they part of the fragmented Catholic Church. This is an artifact of history which I am still getting my head around. The Church was unified under Constantine in the 4th century. The CoC would have been wiped out as a heresy as were many factions when it was unified. Peter was Crucified before 68 CE. I doubt he considered himself the first Pope. He requested to be crucified upside down because he did feel that he deserved to be killed in the same manner as his lord, Paul was beheaded. He claimed to be a Roman Citizen, A kinder faster death. He also was dead before 68 CE. Both died under Nero and Nero died in 68 CE. Google Nero.

We have the Bible we have today because it was preserved by the Catholic and Orthodox churches. I am not aware of any early manuscripts in the CoC. I doubt any preacher that I ever listened to in the CoC even knew that the New Testament is written in Greek. It bears out a common lie than we were there on the day of Pentecost. Imagination is not fact.

There many injured Christians that come to this site. God does not injure people in this manner. The main injury is legalism as how to lead your life. The Bible expresses principals. Once you get the point you will find freedom and God. I never found it in the CoC.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

TheSpoon wrote:

Well, then, if women get to wear pants because they donate money I ought ot be able to wear a dress if I donate so much money. Fairs fair.
ena

Post by ena »

TheSpoon wrote:
Pretty much true through out a capitalistic society. They periodically blow up. The problem is honesty and fairness. Once that goes everything goes. We are are approaching the end game. Most likely the dollar will become worthless. It happened with the Continental Dollar and Confederate Currency. We have a fiat currency. Nixon took us off the gold standard in 1971. I am not blaming him as he had no choice. The costs of the Vietnam war devalued the dollar so much that investors would line up to purchase US gold for $32 an ounce. Give away prices. China heavily invests in the US. Trump is fighting with the trade deficit with China. Once they pull funds out. We collapse. Dangerous game. You can bet or opt out. There is more than one way to play the game. The Chinese are very shewd. Trump is not. He grew up throwing money at problems. The Chinese are natural Capitalists. I believe than China and Africa are on the ascendant path economically. Africa has been held down by colonial powers. It has tremendous resources. With the election of Trump we are going backwards. Comey said it best in his book. Google youtube Comey.