Holiday guest at a denomination

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
B.H.

Re: Holiday guest at a denomination

Post by B.H. »

Scott wrote:I thought Christians were supposed to be out among the people in order to convert them.
Isn't that what Paul did? Plus I assume the Apostle's still held on to most of their Jewish traditions festivals etc. I would think the Gentiles that became Christians were exposed to those Jewish traditions and Laws. I would also think a Christian would want to visit and understand the root of what they believe in. Shouldn't be forbidden.

You are speaking of something called reality and what really happened. Opposite this is Church of Christ fantasy land, where the true church always existed, but had to be restored, never teaches false doctrine, but whose preachers never agreee....and so forth.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx