Mother’s Day at the coC

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
margin overa

Re: Mother’s Day at the coC

Post by margin overa »

Moogy wrote:
B.H. wrote: Oh no, Oh no!!! Not a Methodist! BH's CoC granny always said "A Methodist is the hardest to teach the truth to because they think it is okay to believe anything".
And thus, Moogy is still a Methodist... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My family and I attended a Methodist church for some years after we left the CofC. It was certainly refreshing not to be in a church situation where one has to constantly be in debate or argument about one's opinions. There is no real urgency in most Methodist churches I've known to be "right" about the Bible. :lol:
LeeLeeLoves

Re: Mother’s Day at the coC

Post by LeeLeeLoves »

At my former CoC, Mother's Day was a highly celebrated event. Mainly because that church is built on single mothers. That is the only time women have an important role because we are second class when it comes to everything else. Another reason I stopped going. I was tired of not being worthy to do certain things because I am a woman. And I couldn't believe it but they also started celebrating Easter as well. Growing up having Easter services and Christmas services was completely banned. They have also eased up on Christmas as well and started incorporating it into worship. I couldn't believe it.