Child Baptism

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Shane R

Re: Child Baptism

Post by Shane R »

I knew a man who didn't get baptized until he was in his 40s. Spent his life going to the CoC 3 times a week whenever possible but never went through with baptism until he had retired from the Army. He's also the only person I have personally known who got "Stop-loss" orders. He was set to get out and go home and the Army stopped his discharge and sent him to Afghanistan for 10 months.
zeek

Post by zeek »

He must have had a very valuable and unique skill set for the army to do that.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
Gauronaolo

Post by Gauronaolo »

The youngest I've seen was a 5-year-old. It was at a non-denominational church, and the kid was surprisingly articulate about his faith. Most of the baptisms I've witnessed were with kids around 10-12, usually tied to their confirmation classes. I got baptized at 11.