Men's business meetings

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Lev

Re: Men's business meetings

Post by Lev »

margin overa wrote:Ah, the old "you're a baptised male now, so at the age of 11 or 12, you're a man, and must be yanked from the kids' classes being taught by women" routine?
Not only the Bible class change up! What would prevent a baptized, penis-having 11-year-old from attending and participating in a men-only COC business meeting, doctrinally speaking of course? I mean, assuming it wouldn't keep him out past his bedtime.

Lev
margin overa

Post by margin overa »

Lev wrote:
margin overa wrote:Ah, the old "you're a baptised male now, so at the age of 11 or 12, you're a man, and must be yanked from the kids' classes being taught by women" routine?
Not only the Bible class change up! What would prevent a baptized, penis-having 11-year-old from attending and participating in a men-only COC business meeting, doctrinally speaking of course? I mean, assuming it wouldn't keep him out past his bedtime.

Lev
Perhaps it wouldn't be expedient for a junior birdman to be advising his elders and betters.
katisha

Post by katisha »

Lev wrote:Any word on why the meetings are exclusively for men, not women too?

Lev
The congregation I attended decided at one point to have a women's meeting each quarter, to satisfy the curiosity of the women and also to allow the widows a chance to voice opinions and such. These meetings were predominantly about who was cooking what for the next pot luck and who was going to teach the kindergarten class next. If we had the nerve to ask questions about the finances or the running of the church, we were politely smiled at and given pat answers. I quit going after the 2nd or 3rd meeting.
Think for yourselves, and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."-- Voltaire, philosopher and historian
Lev

Post by Lev »

katisha wrote:The congregation I attended decided at one point to have a women's meeting each quarter, to satisfy the curiosity of the women and also to allow the widows a chance to voice opinions and such. These meetings were predominantly about who was cooking what for the next pot luck and who was going to teach the kindergarten class next. If we had the nerve to ask questions about the finances or the running of the church, we were politely smiled at and given pat answers. I quit going after the 2nd or 3rd meeting.
Emphasis added.

If I were the type of person to use emojis, I would use the little yellow face with the bugged-out eyes right now. That's incredibly condescending. I would have quit going too.

Lev
sonicrainkrieg42

Post by sonicrainkrieg42 »

Lev wrote:Any word on why the meetings are exclusively for men, not women too?

Lev
Because Lev, men are LEADERS, and wimmin folk must not USURP AUTHORITY! :roll:
Closeted ex coc, trans woman, and secular humanist
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I'm special because I have a peni*s and testi*cles. But being humble and all I am not going to throw that into the ladies faces. ;)
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
katisha

Post by katisha »

B.H. wrote:I'm special because I have a peni*s and testi*cles. But being humble and all I am not going to throw that into the ladies faces. ;)
I had so many responses to this but none of them would have made it past the censor. ;)
Think for yourselves, and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."-- Voltaire, philosopher and historian
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

katisha wrote:
B.H. wrote:I'm special because I have a peni*s and testi*cles. But being humble and all I am not going to throw that into the ladies faces. ;)
I had so many responses to this but none of them would have made it past the censor. ;)

It was a good thing I was humble about it all.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
KLP

Post by KLP »

Speaking of the Censer I never understood or liked the swinging smelly ball either, always makes me sneeze so keep it out of my face.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

I always felt that the women were so LUCKY that they didn't have to participate in the business meeting. I would've gladly traded places with any of them.