Non-negative, happy memories

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
OneStrike_ur_out

Re: Non-negative, happy memories

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

During my second stint in the cOC, the church that I was a part of actually discontinued the Sunday evening services. I was actually very pleasantly surprised by that. Not only because they agreed to it and followed through with it, but because they actually listened to a lot of the members state the reasons why they were in favor of the discontinuation of Sunday evenings. They agreed that, number one, it was not scripturally commanded to meet a second time on Sundays, and it also put undue strain on families that really did have very litte time to spend with each other. As time went on, there was some grumbling about it from the faction who thought that it was just an experiment, and thus they wanted the Sunday evening services brought back "AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!". I knew that that woould happen at some point, and was prepared for it. However, the faction that wanted those services back was small and thus never got what they wanted. But, boy sure they fussed and carried on about it! Thankfully, the powers that be never gave into them. It was nice to be able to have Sunday to myself after the morning service concluded.
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.