Alcohol

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Hope

Re: Alcohol

Post by Hope »

The wedding feast at Cana and the cofc's explanation was defintely one of the times in my young life where I experienced a major disconnect. Noting that most people bring out the inferior wine later in the party always made perfect sense to me (I'm not wasting anymore of my best wine on your drunk ass). Praising someone for still serving the good stuff, I get. Praising someone for bringing out the much more yummy grape juice after your guests have already drunk a bunch of yucky grape juice just seemed silly. Wouldn't that be sort of rude? What does inferior grape juice even taste like anyway?

When I espoused this view those who were more "faithful" than I told me I should examine my heart to see why I was so determined to make the scriptures fit my view so I could continue to sin without feeling guilty :roll:
GuitarHero

Re: Alcohol

Post by GuitarHero »

Yep. First you serve the Welch's, then when everybody's drank that up, you bring out the grape Kool-Aid.