God loves in "spite of" not "because of"

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
AtPeace

Re: God loves in "spite of" not "because of"

Post by AtPeace »

Baxter , thank you for your words. they make sense to me and reflect generally the views I have.

Because of some medical crises in my life, I developed what will probably be a lifetime fascination with the human brain. I am astonished at how a human can change in an instant with the slightest brain damage occurring. Personality, interests, belief system, everything can change with a blow to the head. I am unable to have any strong beliefs about free will, knowing that my beliefs are a result of how my particular brain works.

Had I to do it all over again, I would go into the field of brain repair. Depending on my intellectual ability, and pure luck, that journey would have led me who knows where? But regardless, I believe I would have contributed more to society than I will ever do otherwise.
Raised CoC.
Switched to Christian Church/Disciples of Christ.
Love their liberal theology, but not the social liberalism.
Rare-attender, just because life gets in the way.