Good memories?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
GuitarHero

Re: Good memories?

Post by GuitarHero »

I'll be one of the few to say that the singing was actually pretty traumatic for me. This is mostly because of the fact that for most of my life, I was forced into the role of song leader. Probably the most traumatic time was when I was between 11 and 15 and puberty made it impossible for me to sustain even the shortest of notes without my voice breaking. Especially at area-wide singings, I would be completely mortified after 2 songs of quacking like a goddamn mallard from hell. But there was no getting out of it. I was expected to lead, and it just wasn't an option not to.

But this is about good memories...

Almost all of my good memories have to do with things that happened around or after church--not so much during the services. Playing with friends and whatnot.

But the one thing I am most thankful for is that the COC introduced me to the two loves of my life. My wife and China.