CoC funerals

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Ivy

Re: CoC funerals

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:I can understand why a non-sunday school preacher may lambast the living relatives and the dead one being eulogized but he had an excuse---- he didn't have any class.

It's not always CoC that do it. I had a great uncle die in 1960 and the Baptist preacher who did his funeral said he was an evil man. My dad (he was my dad's dad's brother) said he didn't think his uncle was evil.
Glad to know the cofc didn't have a monopoly on all the crazy funeral behavior........ :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I know. And who is that Baptist preacher to talk anyway. If he can't understand something so simple as baptism being for the forgiveness of sin and when you are saved instead of just something you do because you feel like it then who is he to judge who was an evil man? :lol:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:I know. And who is that Baptist preacher to talk anyway. If he can't understand something so simple as baptism being for the forgiveness of sin and when you are saved instead of just something you do because you feel like it then who is he to judge who was an evil man? :lol:
That's right. :twisted:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

I have standing orders with my wife that nobody is to even attempt a religious sort of service at all upon my passing. It may be a moot point, as my family is not fellowshipping me at this point. But nobody is to even bring a Bible or say a prayer unless they are saying it to themselves in their head. I want my favorite rock and roll to be playing loud and proud. There should also be an open bar.