Trying to enjoy services

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
FinallyFree

Re: Trying to enjoy services

Post by FinallyFree »

I can remember one Sunday when I was around 36 years old, I was at church and thought to myself that I had never really gotten anything out of church in my whole life. Of course, I just thought something was wrong with me.
The following year, we moved to another state and started attending a more liberal church that sang newer songs. Things were different and I found myself enjoying some of the services! As time went on, I began to search and learn more and realized the CoC was not what I had been led to believe. It took me so many years to get out. My kids are grown. But I try not to waste time regretting, but look forward to my new life. I totally enjoy the Disciples of Christ Church I am attending and get so much out of the service and ENJOY it! I have waited a lifetime for this.
GuitarHero

Re: Trying to enjoy services

Post by GuitarHero »

I'm sublimely happy not going to any church services. I don't enjoy any of them. I just happened to enjoy the Church of Christ the least. I spent this morning enjoying sleeping in, albeit with a slight hangover from last night's festivities.