Quick Hide the Beer!

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
gordie91

Quick Hide the Beer!

Post by gordie91 »

Wife made a comment the other day that she should put the beer in the fridge away because of the potential that her parents may come for this weekend, youngest child's birthday is this weekend.

Technology doesn't work well all the time and a message was missed that they were coming in today. So what was the first thing I asked my wife when she heard they were at the house? Yep, did you put the beer in the fridge away? She said nope, with a worried look on her face. Oh well my Friday night buzz just got interrupted or just turned into another talking point about our journey down the path to hades! Buzz to shock!

I guess old habits are hard to break from but at least in this case they already know about us leaving the church, The Church, that is! Back in the day before leaving all the contraband was pretty well hidden for just such occurrences. Even though we don't have a problem with drinking nor does our new church family, it is still in the forefront when dealing with family and for sure we don't want to cause trouble but I for one, don't want to hide anything either.

Dang it! We can't catch a break. If they see the devil's brew it will just be one more point they can bring up to bug us about as if CoC theology discussions was not enough now this. Man these people sure can put a hex on you, what a history of angst we grew up in and tried to get away from and I'm not even home yet! :o
KLP

Re: Quick Hide the Beer!

Post by KLP »

Bible doesn't say anything about beer. :)
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
gordie91

Post by gordie91 »

So true KLP! I think I will quote you if it becomes an issue. :lol:
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Corona Premier is my personal favorite for a bottled beer. My favorite draft beer is Blue Moon, with an orange slice of course. My wife likes that one too.
Shrubbery

Post by Shrubbery »

Yeah, no beer in the Bible, and the only sin about alcohol is drunkenness. Just don't get drunk and you're good! :) I know, I know... the coc will say you're drunk if you're ever so slightly buzzed. :roll:

Or you could just ask them if they want to see your moonshine still out back...
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Shrubbery wrote:Yeah, no beer in the Bible, and the only sin about alcohol is drunkenness. Just don't get drunk and you're good! :) I know, I know... the coc will say you're drunk if you're ever so slightly buzzed. :roll:

Or you could just ask them if they want to see your moonshine still out back...
One drink is one drink drunk. :lol:

And true, no beer in the bible. Is that "silence of the scriptures"? Or is it "lack of authority" :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
gordie91

Post by gordie91 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't got to the still yet, that is next years project!

Absolutely silent on beer, and since it doesn't meet the parameters for the Lord's Supper and it isn't "strong drink" I would, by necessary inference, conclude it is authorized! See, I too, can perform theologic gymnastics just like them.

Hey Cootie, I tolerate beer, it is not my favorite. Funny thing is, those beers were specifically bought for my wife, their daughter. I lean towards the stronger stuff with just a few cubes of ice, efficiency is the key and a lot less bloating. :D Always in moderation, always. ;)
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

I was a tee totaler for most of my life, even before becoming a Christian & even while I was in the Navy. I tried beer once while in the Navy couldn't get more than half the bottle down. Never tried it again. My wife and I ordered a glass of wine each @ an upscale restaurant while on vacation about ten years ago. We've been into wine since then.

My SIL corrupted me. While on a golfing weekend with him he handed me a Corona Light and ask me to try it. To my surprise it was pretty good. I'll have a beer with my supper two or three times a week now, and I've expanded my brands. My wife and I will have a glass of wine with our supper once or twice a week.

I'll have a shot of Scotch or good whisky once or twice a month.

I never get drunk & it would be extremely rare for me to have more than 2 beers in one day. When I was an elder in the c of C I discovered our best friends, and a fellow elder, was into wine and beer. It seems we all have skeletons in our closets. :lol:
Shrubbery

Post by Shrubbery »

I tried wine again recently and nope... still can't stand it. I love the smell. But the taste... ugh. A good wine tastes great in my beef dishes though!

The one time I was able to drink an entire drink was when I was at a college party on a dry campus, and they had made koolaid with beer. :lol: That was tolerable (though still not good). I didn't get drunk. I just had one solo cup full. :)

I've also tried champagne before and couldn't take that.

Gordie, I love the necessary inference argument for beer! :lol:
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

Shrubbery, I don’t like the taste of wine or beer either, but I do love to cook with wine.