John 3.16--as told by Nadia Bolz-Weber

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Hildegard

John 3.16--as told by Nadia Bolz-Weber

Post by Hildegard »

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nadiabolzw ... -john-316/

I read this last night. Lo and behold, it was posted by an old CoC friend who's turning out to be a bit more liberal these days. Or maybe was always liberalish and I didn't know or pay attention, I'm not sure.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, NDW is a Lutheran pastor in Colorado. She has a book called Pastrix, which is a very fascinating read, and she was raised, at least the first few years of her life, in the CoC.

That's just background. Here, she starts with the familiar, guilt-ridden "snarky synopsis" of John 3.16 that we all grew up with, and then puts her own spin on it using music as an allegory.

And it was beautiful, and I had to share it, and this seemed like more or less the appropriate place.
Ashes

Re: John 3.16--as told by Nadia Bolz-Weber

Post by Ashes »

Like :) Thank you for sharing.
Real blessings come from people.
GMan

Post by GMan »

I have met her, tattoo's and all.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

GMan wrote:I have met her, tattoo's and all.

I'd like to meet her one day. She seems like someone you would want to know.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx