coc Online Worship Services

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Pitts S2C

coc Online Worship Services

Post by Pitts S2C »

Do any of you know of any coc that offers online worship services? Do you know how the coc feels about worshiping online?

I’m sure they would pull out the ‘forsaking the assembly’ card although one could easily argue that people are still in attendance. You would think that attending 10%-20% of the year online would be acceptable. Various reasons to worship online could include; sick, out-of-town, tired, bored w/tradition, busy, something different etc… You could even join in the Lord’s Supper online all within the comfort of your own home. Benefits include; don’t have to dress up, don’t have to engage in small talk before & after services, don’t have to help serve, don’t have to drive to church (efficiency), you can leave early if the sermon is running long, you can hit mute, etc…
sonicrainkrieg42

Re: coc Online Worship Services

Post by sonicrainkrieg42 »

Imagine, CoC services held over Skype!

If someone in the CoC ever seriously proposes something like that, I bet that they would split over the issue.
Closeted ex coc, trans woman, and secular humanist
KLP

Post by KLP »

I could start a service to allow people to "out source" their online attendance. For a small fee we will open your cyber-hymnal and Bible, post questions, submit "Amen" messages, and move the "church mouse" now and then to keep the session looking active. Premium services include leading discussions, prayers, and songs. We offer family discounts and holiday specials.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

Of course you're kidding. We had a split in a congregation because women were tending the nursery and not sitting IN THE SAME ROOM as everyone else. They were not "assembling" according to these brothers.

Plus, most preachers would rather have the power trip of having a captive audience who couldn't just walk off and make a cup of coffee while he was rambling on.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Never happen, because you aren't assembling and taking communion.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I LOVE IT!!!

At first they'd resist it kicking and screaming. But later they'd realize all of the
possibilities, and morph it into an "expedient", just like they did with air conditioning,
indoor plumbing, and water fountains. :mrgreen:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Grace

Post by Grace »

My cousins church took out the water fountain because you should only worship in the building.
They also did not have weddings in the church building.
GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero »

Grace wrote:My cousins church took out the water fountain because you should only worship in the building.
I bet they didn't take out the toilet though.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

GuitarHero wrote:
Grace wrote:My cousins church took out the water fountain because you should only worship in the building.
You can't drink water in the building but can piss it out.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:
GuitarHero wrote:
You can't drink water in the building but can piss it out.
That's right. I think all cofcs should require themselves to have porta-potties outside the building - eliminating indoor bathrooms and plumbing. That way, they can neither drink water nor poop inside the building. They way they can avoid all appearance of evil. They WOULD have to bring their own hand gel if they want to wash up after the porta pottie trip. Then we have to talk about the scripturality of hand gel.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~