Another Old member returning...

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Veronica

Re: Another Old member returning...

Post by Veronica »

B.H. wrote:Has your financial situation gotten better?
Some. I work 6 days a week, he substitute teaches. We have some issues with needing to take time off for our daughter and her issues through FMLA.
But we are making it work.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

How did your family and friends react when you converted? Did they give you a hard time?
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

FinallyFree wrote:How did your family and friends react when you converted? Did they give you a hard time?

Ha! It was awful! My in-laws decided to shun us. Now 10 years down the road, my sister-in-law requires my husband's help with their mother and in the last year or so, the shunning has lessened. We were even invited to Christmas this year. The kids have always been invited, but my husband and I had to find something else to do.
We have lost friends as well. My husband's best friend was a convert to the coC from Catholicism and he didn't take our converting well. He was also dealing with a lot of things so who knows.
A lot of his preacher friends turned on him and acted like he never existed.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

So sorry to hear all that. Religion can be such a trap and a prison.
Amazingly, my husband and I haven't had a bad time. We changed to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). I love it!