Hello

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Username1234

Hello

Post by Username1234 »

Well idk what to say really. I'm new. I feel really alone and I'm also scared to say anything online because it might get back to them. But I don't have anyone who would understand. Anyway, hope you have a good day.
agricola

Re: Hello

Post by agricola »

We are pretty good about keeping private information private. Welcome to the ex-board. Please browse everything you want, anything you want - if you wish to respond to something that is years old, go right ahead! It is perfectly okay to 'resurrect' a discussion thread.

The main site (ex-churchofchrist.com) has a lot of resources that you might find useful, too.

You are not alone.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

hi there.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Welcome. Tell us about your situation, without identifying names or places. Our stories are so similar that it isn’t likely anyone wll recognize you. Just don’t use a computer that family members can access. We come here to offer and receive support from other COC refugees.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages