The heat

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
B.H.

The heat

Post by B.H. »

We had a week of below 90 degree weather. It looks like it's fixing to jump back up above 100 soon. And I heard in the news dust from the Sahara is coming too.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
zeek

Re: The heat

Post by zeek »

B.H. wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:45 pm We had a week of below 90 degree weather. It looks like it's fixing to jump back up above 100 soon. And I heard in the news dust from the Sahara is coming too.
We also enjoyed a couple of weeks of unseasonably cool weather, but the heat has returned this week and is supposed to get hotter next week. We passed miserable a good way's back...
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

It's back to the mid 90s
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I'm starting to fantasize about pumpkins, sweaters, and nice, cool air.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~