Stained Glass Windows in CoC?

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Moogy

Re: Stained Glass Windows in CoC?

Post by Moogy »

Ivy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:07 pm. I don't remember that. Where was the stained glass window placed?
There were three windows on the right wall as you entered the auditorium. The middle one had a plywood board covering the stained glass. It was painted the same color as the walls. On the outside of the building, that window was covered with wood painted white. You couldn’t even tell the stained glass was there.

Were you involved in the huge project to scrape the old, peeling exterior paint and repaint the whole exterior? Lots of us were pressed into service to climb ladders (the roof was high) and paint.
Ivy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:07 pm. I remember the upper room quite well. It had attached, wooden, fold-up seats, the old fashioned kind. I don't think we wore high heels much; more likely sandals, tennies, clogs, or maybe Earth shoes. :lol: As for the stairs, we were all young and healthy, even running some. So I don't remember worrying about stairs back then like I do now.

Ah, yes, the days when we would go running at the UT track after services. I would change into running clothes in the ladies’ room after services. Then we would stand around outside and visit. I was (privately) chastised for having on (very modest) shorts while visiting outside the building. I guess someone was afraid people would think our church approved of wearing that kind of clothing to church services. I started putting on the shorts under a skirt, which I could take off at the track.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Ivy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:10 pm A little anecdote...once John and I brought his preacher friend from Houston to a service there at that little church. He was of the "Word-Faith" sect, I believe. Very sweet guy and passionate about his beliefs, and wanted to see what our church was like. He told us afterward he "saw" demons sitting up in the rafters of the church above the ceiling.

I thought...hmmm. :?: Who's to say?
The demons were waiting to swoop me into hell for wearing shorts. :lol: :lol:
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Moogy, did you wear shorts? :lol:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Moogy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:08 pm
The demons were waiting to swoop me into hell for wearing shorts. :lol: :lol:
They never caught you, did they???? HAHAHA!!

When I was quite pregnant a lady once chastised me because she could see the sunlight through my maternity dress outside the church. I hadn't worn a slip under it that day or didn't have one that fit. It was a longer, very modest jumper dress, with a tee shirt under it, and it was a hot day. Those people were always up in our business, trying to out-do other people's "holiness" and rule-following. GOTCHA!! HAHA
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~