Tea

Fun or serious topics, including politics, current events and questions about the site. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only. That means doing our best to recognize and support the needs and feelings of others. To engage in respectful discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use "Coffee House".
Ivy

Re: Tea

Post by Ivy »

Sweet tea and Coca Cola in a baby bottle. That jolted a memory cell. Not me, but I remember when people would do that. Them was the days, huh?
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

teresa wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:06 pm
That's the one with the bear in pajamas on the box isn't it?
Probably. I take the individually wrapped tea bags out of the cardboard box and store them in a divided bamboo tea box.

Next time I see a bamboo box at Hobby Lobby or other places I will think of you.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:26 pm Sweet tea and Coca Cola in a baby bottle. That jolted a memory cell. Not me, but I remember when people would do that. Them was the days, huh?

Sure, Ivy, sure. We know you still use a bottle to drink your coke and tea. :lol:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

The box with the bear is for Sleepy Time. I just opened another drawer where I put overflow tea and happened to see it.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Some sleepy time tea sounds good right now.
zeek

Post by zeek »

I remember my Granny boiling the roots of a sassafras tree to make sassafras tea. It tastes slightly like flat root beer. I really am descended from genuine hillbilly stock. None of my grandparents on either side could read or write. That seems astonishing but then again, they were all born in the first decade of the last century, not fifty years after the end of the civil war. This area got left behind in the reconstruction and the poverty was worse than horrific to hear the old timers tell it.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

zeek wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:09 pm I remember my Granny boiling the roots of a sassafras tree to make sassafras tea. It tastes slightly like flat root beer. I really am descended from genuine hillbilly stock. None of my grandparents on either side could read or write. That seems astonishing but then again, they were all born in the first decade of the last century, not fifty years after the end of the civil war. This area got left behind in the reconstruction and the poverty was worse than horrific to hear the old timers tell it.
I've heard parts of Alabama and Mississippi and around the mountains are still that way.

There are people at my apartment complex that simply sleep on a mattress and have maybe one chair and a TV to sit in. They work full time jobs and sometimes a part time job. It's sad how things are getting. When I was growing up as a kid the homes on the Southside and Eastside of town were older and well kept. Now many are nothing but shacks with holes in the roofs though people pay high rent to live in them.

Folks on the rich side of town often are putting on a facade. They maintain the yard and have nice cars but only one bedroom a living room and kitchen area are fully furnished. The rest of the house is empty or the kids just have a bed.
katisha

Post by katisha »

I am an avid tea drinker. Earl Grey, hot, in the morning. Unsweetened iced tea the rest of the day. Used to drink sweet tea when I lived down south, but changed when I moved north. And I do not like herbal tea. that is just grass and weeds in hot water.
Think for yourselves, and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."-- Voltaire, philosopher and historian
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

katisha wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:51 am I am an avid tea drinker. Earl Grey, hot, in the morning. Unsweetened iced tea the rest of the day. Used to drink sweet tea when I lived down south, but changed when I moved north. And I do not like herbal tea. that is just grass and weeds in hot water.
Earl Grey is flavored with Bergamot, which is supposed to help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I did not know that about Earl Grey. I'll try to get some and use it.