Has anyone here renounced the board and returned to the CoC fully.

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
longdistancerunner

Has anyone here renounced the board and returned to the CoC fully.

Post by longdistancerunner »

I just wonder if anyone here (or anywhere else for that matter) has come to the conclusions we have about the CoC, renounced it either publicly or privately, and then had a change of heart and fully returned to the CoC, not just for family reasons but legitimately?
B.H.

Re: Has anyone here renounced the board and returned to the CoC fully.

Post by B.H. »

Didn't KLP?
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
agricola

Post by agricola »

He went back, but because his wife wouldn't leave, is the way I understood it.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I feel sad for him
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Shane R

Post by Shane R »

I will never go back. However, I have a chronic debilitating illness and worry about my daughters. Their mother has been dead for 6 years. I'm their only parent. But if I expire I don't want them to fall under the influence of my CoC family. Even though their mother had a lot of siblings, most of them are trashy people. There are 2 decent uncles and I am working with one of them to be the guardian if I become too weak to care for them properly. He goes to a Pentecostal church but better that than the CoC.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I'm sorry you have severe health issues.